Tuesday 14 February 2012

A very patient patient!

It wasn't long after the comedy show that I got a call asking me to be a patient on a well known hospital series. I really looked forward to this one as it was a good friends favourite show. I did wonder, as it was next to another well known show whether I could 'visit' the other set but an email soon followed my thoughts letting me know that in no uncertain terms could artists visit each others sets. I duly bounced in on my first day, nice start time of 8am to find that no food would be forth coming for the whole day or even the  whole 4 days. However, this was quickly followed by the information that we would get a food allowance, travel allowance, holiday pay plus overtime! Wow!  This was a difficult production to do as the Green Room was actually the staff room on set so everything had  to be whispered. I was lucky as I had some exceptionally  lovely people with me who never seemed to tire of  good conversation,  they didn't complain  (except  when our biscuits went missing!) and everyone had a positive outlook. The crew were also exceptional and were very polite and helpful. On the final day, I asked if I could go on  time as my daughter had a college show to do and wanted me to see it. BIG MISTAKE!  The show was miles away and had finished by the time I got there having been stuck on a motorway for over 3 hours! Oh well. there's always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment