Wednesday 15 February 2012

Scene of the crime!

Given an email on the Monday  for a contact and suddenly found myself two days later on a murder  crime scene. After a fabulous breakfast we were mini bussed out to location. As it's in the middle of a village, lots of the villagers were also there looking on or taking pictures. One little girl with her mum in tow said "Can't walk through there mummy, they're filming." Whereupon Mummy replied :"Well, they'll just have to get used to it after all we live here, they don't." I wondered how many other  villages get fed up with actors & crew all turning up and taking over. It has to be said, however, that this cast and crew went out of their way to make sure that the villagers had right of way and were always spoken to in a polite fashion.
Coffee was served in the morgue (I kid you not) which delighted one iphone person who took pictures of everything in the room. I don't mind people taking pictures, indeed, I take a camera with me to every job as I never know when I'm going to be dressed up by costume or not. Its also been very useful when iphones batteries die as they seem to do quite frequently. However, I can't see the fascination of taking pictures of everything. Some people try to take pictures of the sets, put them on facebook and then wonder why they're kicked out of the agency. Occasionally we're asked to bring cameras and to promote a certain film by putting pics on facebook but in my experience, that's quite rare. 
Anyway, having been fed and watered I was then asked to walk about outside just as a passerby. Easy job. Well, it would have been had it not been for the person opposite me, a young lad who couldn't quite get the timing right and either didn't move at  all or just missed colliding into the main actors. I suspect it was because he was so busy texting that he didn't actually hear any instructions. Usually, mobiles are forbidden on set/location but he had been told to use his to look slightly more natural. The trouble was, he was so wrapped up on being natural that he totally forgot where he was!
This turned out to be a very short day for four of us as we got wrapped after just 3 hours which meant missing lunch. I wouldn't normally mind but the caterers had an incredible reputation for serving fabulous food. Oh well, it would have to wait until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment