Friday 2 September 2011

On the buses!

Next, I was asked if I would take a somewhat, low paid Corporate job involving buses & cameras (no comments pleases!). The idea was to film us from all different directions as we became pick pockets or victims, assaulted people, or got unwelcome advances from young men (sadly, I missed out on that one). I was sitting next to the clients representative, unbeknown to the director who proceeded to  ask the client rep. to play a drunk & aggressive passenger. Throwing her hands up in horror she protested saying:
"I am not an actress! I can't act!" and looked toward me beseechingly. From nowhere this confident voice said:
"No problem, I'll do it." I looked round to see where this voice had come from only to see all eyes looking my way. Slowly it dawned on me that actually it was me speaking!
I was dressed in my daughters best Chavvy coat (I  was asked to be a 'chav') so I pulled up my hood, shoved my mock Ugg boots on to the opposite chair then started to be a sleepy,  and very unhappy drunk. I also had to attack the Clients rep as she tried to get  past me. I only had one shot at this so I thought let's just go with it & hope it goes down o.k.
When I finished there was this horrid silence.....before a round of spontaneous applause! Phew!


No comments:

Post a Comment