Monday 5 March 2012

The Not So Cool Paramedic!

A  job appeared via one of my sites - I applied. It was to be a Paramedic and they would provide full uniform. It was a fantastically sunny day in October which was just as well as we were all sat outside the house under a gazebo for the day. I walked in and said 'Hi" to all the Police in riot outfits and to the Scene of Crimes Officer - one man was showing how to load, fire and use the guns so that the actors weren't just 'playing' with them. You never know quite what you're walking in to! After biscuits and coffee, I began to wonder where the rest of my team were. I soon found out that I was the one and only Paramedic!
After lunch (fish and chips) the filming seemed to move on a bit quicker and finally I was called.
I had to take one of the main actors, Kevin Bishop, past the other main actor, Jack Doolan. Kevin (or his character) would appear to be distressed whilst Jacks character was in the main, p***ed off. At one point the character appears from a basement, however, no basement in the house so the downstairs loo was used! 3 of us in a small downstairs loo with the lights off...
Kevin and the lading  actress ( I apologise - I don't remember her name) appeared to getting up to all sorts but soon stopped when I said " I'm sure my daughter would love to be in my position right now, but I have to admit, I have no idea who you are."
Sometimes, my brain decides to act by itself and the monitoring bit cuts out and I find myself saying things to people that would have been best left unsaid... Silence.....Mental note to self look up Kevin Bishop when home.  Luckily, he seemed fairly unfazed about it and we moved on to getting him out of the loo, past Jack and outside the front door.
It was lucky that I did look him up as I was to be asked back at a later date!

No comments:

Post a Comment