Sunday 4 March 2012

The Music Video

Advert on Starnow caught my eye: Actors wanted to play Cruft Judges for a music video. Give it a go I thought. I applied and was called to a casting in Wardour Street. You never know what sort of stuff you are going to be asked to do at a casting so I sat there waiting to be called in to the room with a gentleman that had arrived just after me. We had to sit at the table and pretend dogs were coming in to the room and we were to judge them. First we had to love the dogs then we had to pull faces to show disdain at a mongrel type dog. The writer was in the room and it was all filmed.
That took place  on the Friday, the job was on the Tuesday so I had to wait over the weekend. By Monday lunch time I thought the job must have gone to someone else, never mind. I then, got a call from costume asking me to  bring country type clothes to the following days shoot. I explained that I didn't have the job as yet. I waited for what seemed like an eternity and finally the call came through. I'd got it.  I would need to be at Wimbledon Studios at 8am the following morning. No problem. Parking was available - great.  However, I had never driven around Wimbledon before (and never have done since!) and I wasn't prepared for the amount of speed cameras, traffic lights etc plus the most enormous amount of traffic. I always leave hours in advance of a job but this one left me 15 minutes late! Straight into hair and make up. Luckily I always do my own make up and hair was fluffed and costumed donned in under 30 minutes. Not bad! Having been dressed by costume to resemble Barbara Woodhouse myself and two other judges sat down at a judging table within a show ring. There were lots of supporting artists in the stands behind us. Suddenly in came Will Young and the dog, Levi. They did a fabulous routine together with the trainer standing near by. It had taken 3 days of work to get them to this standard. It was amazing to watch this dog dancing around the show ring to Will Youngs song "Come On".

Later on other dogs joined with their "owner" - people chosen because they resembled one of the dogs - I imagine one or two must have felt insulted! It was a lovely day and after being fed, watered and paid we finally wrapped later in the evening. Enjoy the  result!

No comments:

Post a Comment